February 11th, 2014
Brushing and Flossing Tips from Edina Orthodontics! (Infographic – Orthodontics Edina)
- Hold your soft bristle toothbrush at an angle and press against the teeth, flexing the bristles.
- Move the brush in small circles, cleaning the tooth surface.
- Brush above the archwire and below it.
- Brush the backside and the chewing surfaces of all your teeth.
- Slide the floss gently between your teeth.
- Avoid snapping the floss through a tight space.
- Rub the floss up and down the sides of each tooth.
- Do not use a shoeshine or see-saw motion.
Any questions? We are always here to help! Feel free to contact either of our offices any time.
Leave a Reply